Sunday, July 12, 2009

Adventures at the Veyo Pool and looking forward to some changes

As some of you may know, I am having a surgery on the 29th of this month to "lighten my load" (haha). This surgery will leave me pretty immobile for about 2 weeks and sore for several more. So, since my summer fun will pretty much be over in about 2 weeks we took another trip out to the Veyo Pool, one of our favorite places to go to beat the summer heat. We were accompanied by several friends and their families and just enjoyed ourselves. Here are a few pictures.

I swear this man can never just give me a smile, but he is such a good daddy!


Cooper loves the water- just like his big brother did

This face just cracks me up!

Catching crawdads down in the river

Atreyu and Corbin- some of our friends' boys

Just being Kaleb

I THINK he had a good time

I made him pose for this picture- can you see the excitement? Still too cute!
So the closer it gets to my surgery date, the more I am scared. I'm not sure about what scares me the most.... the pain I will most surely be in or the fact that I will need help to do daily functions (like walk!) for awhile. One of the things that hurts the most is that I may not be able to hold, comfort, or rock to sleep my baby- this KILLS me. :-( My mother will bring me home and take care of Cooper and I for the first night and next day until Josh gets home from working out of town in Moab- then he will be with me for the next 10 days as I gain back my mobility....... yes, Josh. Let's just hope he doesn't become resentful- because I think it would be hard. He will have to take care of me, a 9 year old, a baby, the laundry, the cooking.... everything for 10 days. Maybe he Will learn what it's like to be a wife and gain a new appreciation for me? haha. Maybe I will even learn to let someone take care of me for a change- let go of the control of the house for once. Either way, wish me luck (and Josh too)!
Oh yeah he will be taking care of Gilly and her puppies too! Good thing that for the first few weeks their eyes won't even be open and Gillian will do most of the work. The Vet & I think it's going to be some time next week- besides, I don't think she can get any bigger. Poor thing, huh? I keep telling her that I'm sorry for doing that to her. We thought it would be a good experience for Kaleb to see our dog have puppies and take care of them- at poor Gilly's expense. If anyone knows how it feels to be huge, pregnant and miserable it's me, so I especially have sympathy for her..... and I feel guilty too. But these puppies sure will be adorable!







2 comments:

  1. hey you forgot in your list of duties for Josh... taking care of 4 newborn puppies!!!!! hahaha dont worry im just around the corner so ill come help you whenever i can!! :)

    ReplyDelete