Thursday, July 2, 2009

Coopers Newborn Pics

So when I was about 4 months pregnant, I did some trade work with my good friend Corey Allred. She is a talented photographer with an amazing eye (check her out at http://www.coreyallredphotography.com/ she took beautiful bridals of my best friend Mandie and her husband Brian). The bookkeeper for her business needed some training on Quickbooks software, and since I am such an expert on the program (pats self on back for being so awesome) I trained her and Corey offered to take newborn pictures of the baby-to-be in trade. When Cooper was about 10 days old he broke out in some MEAN baby acne that didn't clear up for several weeks. Therefore, Coopers "newborn" pictures were taken at 2 months old. Since Corey and I have been so busy and taking our summer vacations, we haven't been able to cross paths, so today we decided to make a lunch date and finally I got to see these pictures. Looking at them is a little bittersweet for me. They were taken 2 months ago- before his hair fell out, before I was getting any sleep, when he was barely leaning to smile, before he was laughing, before he let anyone but mommy hold him (ok- the little mommas boy still is struggling with that one). Where did time go? When did my newborn baby boy turn into a 4 month old (well- almost 4 months- but who's counting)? Not that I want to go back to sleepless nights, early mornings, being stuck at home and unable to shower daily, but I wonder if I am going to turn around and have a toddler and miss his baby breath and rocking him to sleep. Certainly time didn't go this fast when Kaleb was this little? Or did it? When did my first-born become a boy? And the most important question of the day- When did I grow up? Life is passing me by so quickly. I better start documenting these boys lives before they become parents themselves............. and me a grandparent (ahhhhhhh!). Stay tuned for more of my adventures in mommy-ville!











4 comments:

  1. love the baby pics....how long has it been since i seen u? it must be forever if he is already that old! and yes he looks like u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably the Christmas party at Joeys... hopefully we see you two this weekend at his 4th of July party- you will be able to see him in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for the cute blog, and his pics are so cute!!!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so adorable, the pictures turned out very cute!.. Yay for the blog

    ReplyDelete